6 WAYS WATERMELON CAN BOOST YOUR SKIN CARE REGIME
Watermelon is the perfect fruit that you can dig into during the hot summer months. It is rich in vitamins and potassium, with high water and fiber content, and is low in calories.
Although eating watermelon (with the seeds of course) can certainly benefit your skin and overall health from within, it also offers potent properties that can benefit your skin externally. Keep reading to find out how this summer treat can help your skin regime.
THE TOP 6 WAYS THAT WATERMELON SUPPORTS SKIN HEALTH
Whether you would like to target the effects of aging or better control acne, it is important to look to nature. Plant-based ingredients, including watermelon, promote glowing skin without any of the side effects associated with harsher, chemical-based products.
Being over 90 percent water, this fruit also helps to keep you hydrated, making your skin glow. Both the juice and seeds from a watermelon are nutrient-dense, offering your body a natural source of essential vitamins and minerals.
Since watermelon is mostly water, you should always purchase seed-in varieties, as these little black seeds offer a rich source of micro-nutrients. Containing amino acids, B-vitamins, and even fatty acids, watermelon seeds, offer the following benefits:
- Hydrates your skin -- When your skin is dehydrated, it begins to look dull. In addition to it's high water content, it also boasts an impressive cocktail of essential phytonutrients ideal for tackling dull, wintry complexions.
- Reduces oil secretion -- contains vitamin A, a nutrient required for sebum production, which keeps skin & hair moisturized. It's vitamin A content helps minimize pores and reduces excessive oil secretion. This is especially beneficial for those who suffer from acne.
- Helps cleanse your skin -- Whether you plan to combat acne or simply improve the overall appearance of your skin, the minerals in watermelon naturally cleanse and soothe.
- Acts as a natural toner -- Watermelon contains a natural substance that helps to shrink body tissues. Loaded with vitamin A and vitamin C, watermelon acts as a great toner and astringent. Watermelon seed oil in particular has a light consistency, so it will not clog pores. In fact, it is known to unclog pores. In turn, your skin will look and feel revitalized.
- Offers anti-aging properties -- Watermelon is full of antioxidants such as lycopene and vitamins C and A which helps reduce these free radicals that can prevent fine lines and wrinkles. Watermelon seed oil also helps prevent moisture loss, helping to maintain your skin's elasticity.
- Glow Baby Glow -- One of the most important components is citrulline – an amino acid that not only boosts blood circulation but also doubles as a mild exfoliant – while lycopene works as an anti-inflammatory. Your skin will look supple and glow.
At the end of the day, Michel Coulombe, a global makeup artist said it best, "Glowing skin is a result of proper skincare. It means you can wear less makeup and let skin shine through."
Why Not Try The Benefits Of Watermelon For Yourself?