"I can only use Dove"...5 Benefits of Using Natural Soap
Me being #YourNeighborhoodSoapDealer I hear this often. Someone will walk up to my FabYouLife tent, enjoy the smell goods, then say something like, "I'm super sensitive I can only use Dove." (Jay-Z pause....OK) I heard this so much that I don't do the Dove debate anymore.
I'll just list the "beauty bar's" ingredients below:
- Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate - a surfactant/detergent used as a cleansing agent and to impart lather in shampoos, body washes, facial care, and toothpastes.
- Stearic Acid - Synthetic and used as a hardener
- Sodium Tallowate Or Sodium Palmitate - . Both are used as surfactants to bind to oil and dirt and wash them away. (Tallowate comes from Beef Fat)
- Lauric Acid - Synthetic and used as a hardener and to form bubbles.
- Sodium Isethionate - Detergent used to make lather.
- Water - it's wet lol
- Sodium Stearate - Synthetic and used as a hardener
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine - Surfactant aka bubbles
- Sodium Cocoate Or Sodium Palm Kernelate - Cleanser that strips moisture from skin
- Fragrance - the smell
- Sodium Chloride - Salt
- Tetrasodium Edta - Preservative and water softener
- Tetrasodium Etidronate - Another water softener and lather booster
- Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891) - used to make the soap pure white
Your oh so senstive skin...
The next time you walk down the soap isle to pick up your fav bar that you've used for years...pay attention. Look at the labels to see how many actually says ‘soap’ on their labels. They might be called beauty bars, moisturizing bars, or body bars, but not soap. That’s because, these bars aren’t actually soap and can’t legally claim to be; they’re detergents.
The manufacturers have removed most of the ‘good’ stuff that occurs in the soap making process, and replaced it with synthetic lathering agents and harsh chemicals.
I am biased because I make and use natural soap. I just provide the info and from there you can make your own informed decision. My soap is made with sustainably sourced oils and butters and may contain some other dope ingredients such as Bananas, Oats, Beer, Apple Cider Vinegar, Rose Water, Charcoal, Aloe Vera Juice, Cranberries, etc.
Here are some benefits of using Handmade soap:
1) INGREDIENTS The very best reason to use handmade soap is the ingredients. Typically handmade soap is made of vegetable oils and butters that are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and nutrients that are essential to healthy skin. I can’t count how many times my customers have told me that handmade soap has not only improved their skin, but changed their lives by relieving them of itchiness, dryness and skin conditions such as excema, psoriasis and acne. Everyone wants healthy skin and switching to daily use of handmade soap is the best place to start. If you need help finding the right soap for your needs, don’t hesitate to ask your neighborhood soap dealer questions. We take pride in our ingredients and are excited to share our knowledge with you.
2) REAL SOAP It is commonly called soap, but that mass produced commercial stuff that you get at the grocery store is anything but. You have an array of personal cleansers to choose from that are labeled as deodorant soap, body bars, body washes and my personal favorite (eyes roll) the beauty bar. These are just chemical cocktails made of detergents and downright disturbing synthetic ingredients that dehydrate and age skin, cause allergic reactions and have been linked to various forms of cancer. Handmade soap is the real deal and one of the most appealing aspects is that harmful and unnecessary ingredients are NOT added to make it.
3) GLYCERIN Glycerin isn’t added to a handmade soap recipe – it’s created during the soap making process! Glycerin is a precious emollient that softens and maintains water balance by attracting moisture to your skin. It is proven to be so beneficial to your skin that it is extracted from commercial ‘soap’ and reserved for higher priced body care, hygiene and pharmaceutical products. Handmade soap retains all of its natural glycerin and produces a rich and luxurious lather that is unparalleled to any other.
4) NO HARM I test on Humans not animals. LOL..but really. When you purchase MY handmade soap you can be pretty certain that no humans were harmed.
5) VARIETY If you feel that variety is the spice of life then handmade soap won’t disappoint! No matter your skin type or personal preferences, there is a soapmaker out there who is creating just what your skin and senses crave at bath time. Not all handmade soap is alike (I eat cupcakes, not make soap that looks like one...no judgement) and my soap is not a pre-made, buy from HobbyLobby Melt and Pour kind of thing....again no judgement. I just like making dope skincare products for dope people.
Handmade Soaps, Made in New Jersey
Now that you know what makes handmade soap special, be sure to check out all of my handmade soaps. I make soap the old-fashioned way, using the basic techniques. I handcraft each batch of hot process soap from scratch using gourmet recipes that have been formulated to naturally nourish and moisturize your skin.
Kirah, Your Neighborhood Soap Dealer